Bit of Background
The client is a well-known manufacturing company that operates in several countries around the world. So recently, the client had a shipment booked from the US to Hong Kong/China through a European gateway airport.
Everything looked so promising until the Russia-Ukraine war broke out. And you've probably guessed it: Nearly all flights were canceled. The next thing you know, the shipment was held up in a transit hub in Europe with no signs of moving anytime soon.
Worst timing ever, a horrible situation to be in.
- Flights became suddenly unavailable
- Shipment was stuck in the transit airport
- The lead time was heavily impacted
- The production was at risk, not to mention the potential financial loss
- The raging covid made things even tougher
Short in both time and options, the client needed a solution urgently to get their shipment to the final destination safely and quickly.
Luckily we didn't give up that easily.